Friday, August 8, 2008

The Past Few Months

Family pic
I havent' updated for a while, so sorry guys. Well we've just been enjoying the summer so far. I've been trying to get everything prepared to start LPN school August 26th, I have a first aid class next week and after that I should be set to go besides buying books, and other necessities required to be in Clinicals. Sophie has childcare lined up to start, so hopefully she adapts well. It's crazy to think that in just a few short weeks Sophie will be 1, I'll discontinue nursing her, I'll be in school and she'll be off to daycare part-time. This coming fall will definately be an adjustment for our little family.

As for Sophie, She's just been becoming a little person who jabbers and has lot's of personality. She however has made no progress in learning to walk. She's over cautious and is very comfortable just crawling everywhere. So, like me, I think she will also be a late walker. She must not have her dad's sense of fearlessness :) She can stand there without holding on as long as she has something in front of her to grab onto as needed. Sophie says mama often and pretty well and has been now for over a month. She will sporatically use some other "words" too. I've heard her say hi a few times, cat, and she'll say "git" for when she wants me to "git" her out of the tub. That was kinda cute. Sophie can also Dada but she doesn't always use it for Daddy, sometimes she just likes to say it. She's become and avid stair climber whether or not we appreciate it at this time. She giggles and plays hide and seek with mom, and is still by far a MOMMAS GIRL.. hands down. But she loves her daddy too. In the next couple weeks I'm going to make an appt. to get her dark ends cut off before her first birthday party. I've been planning it for a while. It's pink/gold elephant themed. This will also be her golden birthday so.. hence the gold. I 'm working on elephant invites and an elephant pinjata (sp?) I also have a rocking animal. It's a cuddly soft stuffed elephant that's like a rocking horse and plays music. I'm so excited for her to play with it. It will match her room I'm thinking.

Well as for Clinton, he's been enjoying driving truck for the dairy and playing softball for two seperate teams. He plays in Cannon and in Hastings. Clinton had an undefeated team until the last game last night when they lost by one :) bummer. I think the hastings team was maybe undefeated too, but I'm not sure. Clinton's friend from H.S was married in June and we all drove out to Pierre SD for that. It was a great time and Sophie really enjoyed the pool.. Nate and Alice are also Sophies God parents so hopefully the pictures we took will be nice for her to look at when she is older.. I'll post some pics of that too.
Daddy and Sophie in the pool at the Ramkota Inn in SD.
Mommy and Sophie.This is the river that ran along side the campsite where Nate and Alice Grilled out for their rehearsal dinner.



Sophie at my sister Kim's surprise birthday party while she and her husband Steve flew in from AZ.
My sister Kim and Sophie.
Sophie LOVING her blueberries.

That's all for now,.. hopefully I'll get to updating after Sophies birthday... if we're lucky she may be walking but I'm not counting on it yet : )


1 comment:

Kim Sjoquist said...

Wow, when you put it that way, that will be a big adjustment this fall. I can't believe she's going to be a year old. wow.